My Life List!
I’ve been adding and crossing out entires on my life list since mid-2006, and during a moment of weakness a couple years ago, published it for all of the world to see.
Now it finally has a permanent home…here on this ‘lil page!
My life list is, well, it’s mine. It’s silly and self-absorbed and, at times, embarrassing. I publicize it because I hope that it inspires someone.
Maybe that someone is you?
I don’t think I’m more inspiring than the average Jane – I’m most definitely not – but if me showing my list of dreams and aspirations encourages even one other person out there to write a list of their own, it will be worth it.
Then live some more.
Then live better.
Last Updated 07/15/2012
Start a family
3. Get my master’s degree for no other reason than to formally learn something new
4. Ride RAGBRAI all 7 days
5. Own a lake home
6. Ski a black diamond
Own a business
8. Run a half marathon
9. Run a full marathon
10. Go on an Alaskan cruise
11. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
12. Be financially independent
13. Go deep sea fishing
14. Buy my Dad the truck he’s always wanted but never reasoned purchasing
Get my real estate license
16. Write a published letter to the editor
17. Spend at least 2 weeks on a United States road trip
18. Own a black Range Rover
19. Watch fireworks in some location other than North America
20. Ride a horse on a beach
21. Re-learn how to play the piano…and play WELL
Volunteer at an animal shelter
23. Write and publish a best-selling book
24. Enter a golf tournament
25. Join the PTA
26. Donate enough money to at least one thing in my community that it qualifies for a name on a plaque/bench/building/etc…and put my parents names on it
27. Eat dinner at the French Laundry in Napa Valley, CA
28. Learn how to sew
29. Have a vegetable/herb garden
30. Attend the Olympics on a continent other than North America
31. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
32. Inspire a stranger in such a way that they rush up to me in an airport & share their success story about how they literally ARE living a better life because of something I created/wrote/said/filmed.
33. Tour California wine country
Professionally decorate my home
Own and love a doggie
36. Decide on Monday to take a fabulous vacation on Friday to somewhere I’ve never been…and GO
37. Hike around a volcano
38. Swim in all of the world’s major oceans (
Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean, Indian)
39. Dance in a city plaza in Prague
40. Host an exchange student
41. Step foot on all 7 continents
42. Comission a custom-made business suit
43. Buy a Rolex
44. Drink a cappuccino in Italy
45. Visit the sailboat sail hotel in Dubai
46. Send an anonymous financial gift to someone, large enough that it changes their lives
47. Visit every state in the United States
48. Go to Africa on a mission trip
49. Spend a month in Italy with my family…on my dime
Finally have a haircut I love
51. Reach the point where I feel like I eat and live as naturally and healthy as possible
52. Take a weekend trip with a child under 1 year old
53. Slalom water ski
54. Take cooking classes
55. Host Thanksgiving dinner
56. Climb an Egyptian pyramid
57. Take a photo of a white-and-blue-dwelling-dotted Greece coastline
Stand under a waterfall
Zipline through the rainforest
Enter a writing contest
61. Own a Colorado mountain home
62. Make a piece of furniture
63. Be a guest on someone’s private jet
64. Walk part of the Appalachian Trail
65. Try caviar
66. Affect enough people’s lives that some editor wants to put me on the cover of their magazine
67. Take/host our extended family on a beach vacation
68. Create a magnificent library in our home
69. Attend a black tie event
70. Visit Angel Falls in Venezuela
Be 100% my own boss (aka. FIRE any other bosses) before I turn 29
72. Sit in Central Park & people watch all day long
Attend Berkshire Hathaway’s shareholder meeting and listen to Warren Buffet speak
74. Eat dinner at Bern’s Steak House in Tampa, FL…home of the world’s largest restaurant collection of wine
75. Get invited to be interviewed on a national talk show
So there you have it. That’s my list. For now, at least. It’s a constant work in progress, and a constant source of happiness and inspiration.
What do you think, do you have a life list? Have you written it down?
I would be honored to see your list. If it’s published online somewhere, please comment below and include the link for everyone to see.
You inspire me.